Friday, October 1, 2010

Great balls of Meat

Haha, pardon the title of this post, I simply could not resist. Anyway, I've recently been weening myself out of my comfort zone of vegetarian cooking and exploring the world of meat preparation. To me, there is nothing more comforting than a big bowl of pasta and meatballs, well maybe some homemade mac n cheese, but I'll get to that at a later date. Making meatballs was a lot easier than I thought it was going to be, much like playing with playdoh actually. Photographing the meatball making process, however, was a little tricky. There was a lot of washing the raw beef bits off of my hands over and over again in order to snap a few shots, while rotating the meatballs in order to ensure even browning on all sides. An assistant would have been nice! Also, meat is not the prettiest thing to photograph, especially under the tungsten lighting in my kitchen. All in all, the meatballs with marinara were delicious, according to myself and my taste testers. More meaty recipes in the future, and hopefully a few more beautiful photos of meat, too.










No comments:

Post a Comment