Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Behold, The Carnival Squash

I received this beauty in my bi-weekly produce delivery; I'm not sure I'd have the nerve to purchase something so exotic looking on my own. For the past week I considered keeping the squash as a part of my home's autumn decor, as it did make a fine napkin/paper weight on my kitchen table. But yesterday evening I mustered up the courage to cook this thing, basically because I found a fantastic recipe for it on my favorite food blog, smittenkitchen.com.
Here are the photos, as proof that I did dissect this dinosaur egg-ish looking thing, yielding a rather tastey product, something like that of a sweet potato drizzled with a spicy & tangy vinaigrette.

"Carnival Squash with a chile-lime-cilantro Vinaigrette"














The first bite...

Does he like it?

Still debating, maybe another bite...

"Ok, STOP taking pictures of me and sit down and eat".

Special Thanks to Nick Collins for his homegrown chile pepper that went into making this dish

No comments:

Post a Comment