Monday, October 18, 2010

Mmm, Pie

Fruit pies are so delicious, and I don't really feel guilty eating them because they are mostly made of fruit. The crust, however, is a whole different story. I got this recipe off of smittenkitchen.com, and the basis of its appeal was not only that it was an apple & plum combo (YUM), but also that it was a single crust pie (no bottom crust). Now, I know what you're thinking, "the crust is the best part of a pie..." But I'm telling you, you will not miss the bottom crust because the top layer of crust is SO delicious. It tastes like a buttery, sugar cookie. Yikes, so good!









Things to keep in mind when making this pie:
a) You WILL make a mess and get flour all over yourself
b) Your dough WILL stick to you rolling pin if not refrigerated long enough.
Happened to me twice! Beginner's luck












No comments:

Post a Comment